Saturday, January 8, 2011

Used CDs feed the addiction

Postings here will be a bit sparse until next month, but I wanted to pop in to do some bragging.

Today, I snagged a copy of Death's Scream Bloody Gore CD for $6 over at a local CD Tradepost. For some reason Death's first release has never made itself available to me, so when I saw it on the used shelf -- in perfect condition, mind you -- I was giddy. I still am.

Lately I've been on a lucky streak in finding cheap used CDs.

Recently (over the last two or three months), I found the following gems for between $1 to $5 each.

Anthrax - Among the Living, State of Euphoria, and Persistence of Time
Bonded By Blood - Feed the Beast and Exiled to Earth
Demiricous - One
Death Angel - Act III
Evile - Enter the Grave
Fueled by Fire - Spread the Fire
Guillotine - Blood Money
The Headbanger - Nuclear Devastation
Kreator - Extreme Aggression
Kreator - Terrible Certainty (includes Out of the Dark) - spent $7.99 on this one!
Mantic Ritual - Executioner
M.O.D. - Dictated Aggression
Municipal Waste - The Art of Partying
Napalm Death - Smear Campaign
Overkill - Under the Influence
Razor - Violent Restitution
Speed Kills...Again compilation
Suicidal Tendencies - Lights, Camera...Revolution and The Art of Rebellion
Sworn Amongst - Severance (for 99 cents!!!)
Testament - Demonic
Thrashing Like a Maniac compilation
Uncle Slam - Will Work for Food

Nice catch so far. The funny thing about being a thrash metal fan is that you can never...EVER...get enough. We can leave no riff unturned.

You know, as an addiction, at least it's a safe one (until you get into the pit).

Anyway, I am going to slow my purchases down a bit because although I save a ton on used goods, such purchases usurp from my spending budget for newer releases. Hell, I don't want to wait eight years before I can get a copy of Ironbound for $5.

1 comment:

  1. That is a nice snag for sure. Some classics in there as well as that most awesome Mantic Ritual disc. Love them guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...