Saturday, June 30, 2012

Lady Victoria ROCKS!

California's LADY VICTORIA has somehow managed to stay on my back burner for quite a while. I've been meaning to write about these guys for a long time, but as backed up as I am with my posts, it has taken longer than I would have liked.

Anyway.

Despite not having a name that screams thrash metal, I can assure you that Lady Victoria punctures through their feminine moniker with high doses of pounding metal.

Listening to their batch of available songs, I was hyped to hear so many full-on killer RIFFS that actually pack a punch. The flavor of their music brings to mind old Anthrax and Kill 'Em All-era Metallica without fully emulating either band.

The lyrics at times go a bit tongue-in-cheek, but such things never been a problem with me. Vocalist Jared Stainbrook utilizes a killer set of metal pipes to spit those lyrics out, leaning toward the Hetfieldian side of vocal delivery.

Drummer Justin Lomiglio is a freaking monster on the kit, raging with tight and precise technique. The combination of the hard-hitting guitars with Lomiglio's arm and leg work make for dynamic bliss, well-executed and heavy as hell.

Check out the goods below and if you like what Lady Victoria has to offer, keep tabs on them here and here.

PARTY SONG!! \m/


1 comment:

  1. I'd probably never give LV a listen if I saw them on emusic or amazon, or where ever. But since you ahve them posted Chicken, I of course gave them a listen. I can hear the Kill em all influence through all the songs. Killer stuff!!!

    Thanks

    ---Jaason

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...